[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: User Auth.

Heh... good luck. As far as I know, there is no way to un-cache the
username and password entered into an authentication dialog. One,
albeit somewhat more annoying, alternative is to set cookies yourself,
instead of relying on WWW authenticate. Then you have total control over
their lifetime, etc...

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, S.W. Cheung wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I got a question about User Auth.  How can I force or allow my users to
> "logout" without quitting the client?
>

> --
> S.W. Cheung
> email: swcheung@hkimd.cig.mot.com
> phone: (852) 2966-3774

Jeremey Barrett
Senior Software Engineer			jeremey@forequest.com
The ForeQuest Company       			http://www.forequest.com/

   "less is more."
		-- Mies van de Rohe.

   Ken Thompson has an automobile which he helped design.  Unlike most
   automobiles, it has neither speedometer, nor gas gage, nor any of the
   numerous idiot lights which plague the modern driver.  Rather, if the
   driver makes any mistake, a giant "?" lights up in the center of the
   dashboard.  "The experienced driver", he says, "will usually know
   what's wrong."

		-- 'fortune` output